Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 - Year of Gratefulness

I did make some career goals for 2015, and I do want to increase my fitness so that I can enjoy hiking this summer, but I am not really into the New Year's resolution thing this year. So, in lieu of a New Year's Resolution, I have adopted a theme for the year 2015:


YEAR OF GRATEFULNESS
 
In 2015 I am challenging myself - and you - to be grateful.

At first glance this seems like a very simple challenge.  After all, everyone reading this no doubt already has a lot to be grateful for.  A computer or mobile device and internet access to start (and I can only assume you made sure your basic needs were taken care of first).  I am sure most of us already spent the holiday season in appreciation for time with family, gifts received, time off work etc.  But I am not challenging us to be grateful on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I am not challenging us to be grateful on the good days.  I am challenging us to be grateful not only on the days of family parties, payday, birthdays and happy moments, but on every day in between as well.
 
I am challenging you to be thankful on the just okay days.  And the less than okay days.  And the flat out crappy days.
 
 I challenge you, and me, to find at least one thing to be grateful for.  Every. single. day.

 
Throughout the year I will be sharing many of the things I am thankful for.  Here on my blog and also on Facebook and other social media, using #yearofgratefulness.  Please join me!

Linked up at:
The Modest Mom Blog, Spiritual Sundays, Serving Joyfully , Missional Women
 


No comments:

Post a Comment